Monday, July 7, 2008

Where Have I Been

This has been a crazy couple of months around here.

1. The shearing is done, the fleeces picked and they are at the mill now. (that should count as three!)
4. We have added to our herd -- an additional alpaca (Stormy) and two boer goats.
5. The Angoras have been cut down.
6. We have had two sets of chicks hatch, and started two more in the incubators this week.
7. The Lops and Angoras have been bred.
(Wait, not to each other...thats Lops to Lops and Angoras to Angoras.)
8. The Etsy shop is updated -- woo hoo!
9. I am getting bids on my fabric on eBay -- triple woo hoo!
10. I got a My Space page!
11. I am getting wool carded and ready for my Etsy shop.
12. And I opened a new Etsy shop exclusively for my roving and batts. (did you look? nothing there yet -- see #11 above!)

Obviously, the biggest time sucker here has been the fleeces -- getting them picked and ready for the mill takes quite a while. And even with a drum carder, it takes a while to get a batt ready. But I am having fun with it, doing a lot of blends right now with the alpaca, angora and some mystery sheep wool (I think corriedale.) And I love the scarves I dyed that are in my Etsy shop now -- gorgeous!!

Pictures later this week -- promise!

No comments: